* Be a Proactive Patient
* Attend yearly checkups with a heart specialist (have a baseline for your heart to stay on top of changes!)
* Do your research, find the best doctors and facilities and check out this website www.heartvalvesurgery.com
* Adjust your attitude, stay positive
* Sometimes the best team or facility for you isn’t in your town, and that’s okay! Travelling is sometimes necessary for your health!
* Have open and honest communication for your doctors, don’t hide things, and ask questions!
* Have the date of your surgery set and get yourself ready! You want the best from the facility, your doctors, and your team, be the best because you are part of the team!
* Create positive self-talk (perfect health, perfect surgery, perfect recovery)
* Eat healthy foods like vegetables, fruits, salmon/fish, chicken, berries, and almonds
* Light exercise, get out in nature! Take an easy walk in the sun!
* Visualize your surgery being successful, along with a full recovery every day!
* Have a grateful attitude going into your surgery.
* Post-surgery, you owe yourself and your body respect. Continue eating healthy foods, maintaining a positive outlook, and exercising!